Your stance as a PRO-LIFE is definitely distinguishably palpable and admirable. You fight with all your might for the welfare of the UNBORNS, and would prevent any factors that will harm them, right from the very point that LIFE begins. You ardently believe that life begins the moment the sperm fertilizes the ovum. Yes, so does the many (including us) agree with you on that, even if the definition indeed of when life exactly begins remain still to be controversial, even among those regarded as experts in that particular field of discipline.
But just how admirable your being a prolife is, that’s the same magnitude how disgusting you are spreading lies. You label contraceptives abortifacients. All experts, those who think rationally than you do, agree that contraceptives prevent fertilization to take place. If no fertilization happens, then there’s no life that forms. (You must agree with this as you emphatically annunciate it to be so). When there is no life formed, there is nothing to abort. Thus, how can a contraceptive act as abortifacient? You’re no experts in that field let alone have sufficient medical background, yet you act and talk superior than them. You are challenged to file a class suit against the manufacturers of these contraceptives. Yes, you can do that, with the billions you amass every mass. But why don’t you? Those that you are saying are of course LIES; you, who are so righteous, judgmental perverts and experts of morality, know that lying is an act of sin. Or doesn’t it matter anymore if you are committing an act of sin as long as you convince your clout to believe your lies?
BUT… until what extent of their lives will you fight for? Just until they’re born? What about afterwards?
(Photo courtesy of http://lover-caring.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html)
(Photo courtesy of http://sforiginal.blogspot.com/2010/02/baby-thrown-into-garbage-bin-and-burnt.html)
(Photo courtesy of https://abandonedchildren.wordpress.com/)
(Photo courtesy of http://yvettetan.com/2012/07/07/child-labor-the-cbcps-latest-argument-against-the-rh-bill/)
Unplanned pregnancies are so rampant they comprise >50% of the total pregnancies. What do they end up with? Abortion, dumping of live borns at garbage bins or sewers and then left to die, street children, and then children being forced to join the labor force. Is this what you envisioned their life would become, after all your valiant efforts to fight for their welfare whilst in pregnancy? Shouldn’t being a pro-life also entails ensuring that their offsprings will have a good quality of life after birth?
EMPOWERMENT vs. CONTROL
During the time of Jesus, he said “give them fish, and they will live for a day. Teach them how to fish, and they can live a lifetime.” Since then, Jesus has encouraged EMPOWERMENT for his followers to survive. But how does empowerment apply?
- When a family has free will and varied options on how to plan their family. Consequently because they were able to plan, without restriction,
- parents are able to provide for the family; parents don’t have to work overseas in order to augment family income, thus parents also performs their supervisory role over their children; parents are able to save for their retirement, and do not end up as nannies of their grandchildren
- children are able to receive all vaccines and thus fare better against these vaccine-preventable diseases; they do not contribute to under-five mortality burden; grow up as healthy individuals and thus a healthy society in return
- children are able to go to school instead of being forced into child labor; receive good education that will prepare them as they enter the labor force during adulthood.
- when you blind your followers and limit their options. Consequently, the options you have provided fail more than succeed.
- impose your belief, whether rational or not, to others who do not necessarily share your views
- when your followers keep on feeling indebted to you; when they always seek and rely on your approval;
- when you use your position and blackmail your followers with abomination, excommunication and eternal damnation
- when you label those who adapts a modern evidence-based, legal, ethically sound practices as terrorists, insurgents, filibusters, demons, just so you can get what you want
- when you extend your duties and powers beyond pastoral and shepherding to governing.
- when you suppress truth from surfacing and impose what was “traditionally” accepted truth as infallible.
My religion classes way back then taught me that one of the gifts of the holy spirit to us humans is FREEDOM and FREE WILL. Clearly, this is being contradicted, oppressed by some who thinks their power is limitless.